Red Shoes PR is looking to expand our team! We are currently hiring for the position of content marketing specialist. Qualified and interested candidates should send their resume to [email protected]
Job title: Content Marketing Specialist | Full time
The content marketing specialist is a strong writer and communicator with excellent organizational and time management skills. This position works closely to assist account teams with the planning and execution of client marketing and communication goals. Critical thinking, attention to detail and the ability to transition between industries and mediums is essential.
Critical success factors
- The content marketing specialist must be detail-oriented and able to keep deadlines and anticipate needs.
- As a strategic communication firm, writing must be impeccable in every instance, from emails to news releases to marketing plans, writing must be error-free. The content marketing specialist must be able to research a wide array of topics and achieve a level of expertise that can be presented to client executives.
- Creativity is imperative in what we do, therefore the content marketing specialist must be able to write compelling copy, whether it’s for consumer advertising or a B2B whitepaper.
- This position requires juggling multiple projects and multiple deadlines. Must be able to stay calm and communicate effectively when faced with competing deadlines.
- Red Shoes PR is a well-known brand in the community and employees must be properly representing the agency at all public-facing opportunities, from social media usage to attendance at community events.
- Company culture is extremely important and all employees must recognize their own contributions to agency culture. The content marketing specialist accepts responsibility for his/her actions and their subsequent impact on culture, and strives to “be your best you” each and every day. Our values are: accountability, communication, curiosity, creativity, dependability and respect.
About Red Shoes PR and our culture
Red Shoes PR is a marketing and communication agency that offers strategic planning, public relations, social media, design and digital services. We are a fast-paced company that meets a variety of clients’ needs on a daily basis. Successful team members possess a love of learning, an ability to think and adapt quickly, a commitment to teamwork and a dedication to meeting deadlines.
Specific job duties are as follows, but not limited to:
- Content development
- Creative, error-free writing that can range in scope from technical to feature
- Writing projects may include: news releases, media pitches, advertising copy, white papers, blog posts, marketing plans and website copy
- Media relations
- Actively pitch stories with messaging that strategically fits a client’s goals
- Distribute news releases, media alerts, etc.
- Maintain knowledge of media relevant to accounts
- Write clear, concise, well-organized pitch letters, news releases, etc.
- Develop creative story angles and appropriate materials which strategically align with key messages and initiatives
- Participate in the research and development of client programs
- Effectively convey client’s voice in ghost writing tasks (speeches, presentations, talking points, internal communications, etc.)
- Crisis communication
- Understand the basics of crisis communication such as timeliness, messaging and urgency
- Provide support during client crisis to the account team
- Provide on-call support as needed
- Social media
- Understand social media communication channels
- Apply social media solutions to clients’ communications needs
- Understand social media measurement and how that translates to the bottom line
- Strategically integrate social media into a client’s overall plan
- Client interaction and counseling
- Regularly present findings, social media, overviews and plans to clients
- Attend client meetings
- Maintain regular communications with client contact(s)
- Generate and submit ideas that solve clients’ problems
- Monitor account activities to keep them in line with expectations established by you and the client
- Market agency results to clients
- Attain confidence in clients’ business, best practices and personal PR knowledge to guide clients to best solutions, even if encountering pushback from client
- Develop, direct and present strategy to clients
- Develop, track and maintain budgets
- Bachelor’s degree
- Demonstrated writing expertise
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Solid editing and proofing skills, including knowledge of AP Style
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects successfully
- Employer-subsidized health insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Employer-paid Life, AD&D, Long-Term and Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Paid Time Off program
Red Shoes PR, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not and will not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above listed items.