Red Shoes PR has an opening for a content associate. This full-time position serves as the agency’s media relations and writing expert. The content associate is individually responsible for identifying, maintaining and growing relationships with local, statewide and national media and supporting client teams with their writing needs. Examples of writing projects include: news releases, media pitches, advertising copy, white papers, blog posts and website copy. Internally, the content associate interfaces with various client teams on a daily basis to help move client work forward and reports directly to the agency director.
Critical success factors
- The content associate must be detail-oriented and able to keep deadlines and anticipate needs.
- Creativity is imperative in what we do, therefore the content associate must be able to write compelling copy, whether it’s for consumer advertising or a B2B whitepaper.
- The content associate’s writing must be impeccable in every instance, from emails to news releases to plans. Writing must be persuasive, creative and error-free.
- This position requires juggling multiple projects and multiple deadlines. The content associate must be able to stay calm and communicate effectively when faced with competing deadlines.
- Red Shoes PR is a well-known brand in the community and employees are responsible for properly representing the agency at all public-facing opportunities, from social media usage to attendance at community events.
- Company culture is extremely important and all employees must recognize their own contributions to agency culture. The content associate accepts responsibility for his/her actions and their subsequent impact on culture, and strives to “be your best you” each and every day. Our values are: accountability, communication, competence, creativity, dependability and respect.
About Red Shoes PR and our culture
Red Shoes PR is a strategic communication agency that offers traditional public relations, social media, design and digital services. We are a fast-paced company that meets a variety of clients’ needs on a daily basis. Successful team members possess a love of learning, an ability to think and adapt quickly, a commitment to teamwork and a dedication to meeting deadlines.
Specific job duties are as follows, but not limited to:
- Media relations
- Obtain key media results and coverage
- Actively pitch stories with messaging that strategically fits a client’s goals
- Distribute news releases, media alerts, etc.
- Maintain expert knowledge of media relevant to accounts
- Secure and maintain relationships with key media (reporters, editors, bloggers, producers, assignment managers, etc.)
- Thoroughly develop and implement a media training program (responsible for being the primary media trainer for a client)
- Participate in the research and development of client programs
- Effectively convey client’s voice in ghost writing tasks (speeches, presentations, talking points, internal communications, etc.)
- Implement and lead events or projects/campaigns such as press conferences, social media campaigns, media briefings, analyst meetings, media tours, third-party advocacy, etc.
- Write clear, concise, well-organized pitches, news releases, etc.
- Develop creative story angles and appropriate materials that strategically align with key messages and initiatives
- Edit and proofread others’ work
- Agency life
- Actively “manage up” to supervisors and proactively drive deadlines
- Act as account lead for Red Shoes PR and help shape the company’s positioning
- Have sound working knowledge of social media
- Complete timesheets and expense reports in a timely manner
- Act in accordance with company handbook and other policies and procedures
- Is punctual and reliable in attendance
- Proactively seek opportunities within the existing portfolio to encourage account growth
- Attend networking and community events either alone or with coworkers
How to Apply: Please send resume, cover letter and writing samples to Carol Ladish at [email protected]