Last week our fearless leader Lisa presented to a group of young professionals on what it takes to be a CEO, and the lessons she’s learned along the way. One of those lessons was to take risks and get out of your own way. Sometimes the only one holding you back is you.
Red Shoes PR is getting out of its own way right now. We’ve embarked on a new journey in Madison and opened a new office. Two of our clients have branches there – Miron Construction and Faith Technologies – and we’re really looking forward to working with more of the great businesses Madison and its surrounding communities have to offer. We look forward to helping tell the stories of these organizations.
So with the theme of taking risks to grow your business, here are some tips for pushing through the pain and going for it:
- Trust your gut. Your instincts typically lead you in the right direction.
- Never stop reinventing your company. It’s been said that complacency in business is like a slow leak in a tire. By the time you notice it, the damage has been done. Red Shoes PR is taking this Madison opportunity to not only branch out, but to add even more specialties to our wheelhouse.
- Fill a want or need. Does your new idea, direction or service fill a gap in an underserved market? That’s the easiest way to tell if you’re making the right move.
- Measure the strength of your existing location. If you’re expanding your presence to another market like we did, make sure your original team and work are sustainable. Know the keys to your current success, and determine if those factors can work in your new location.
- Know your stuff. When making big business decisions, read and re-read your business plan, and be confident you know what it takes to take your business to the next level. Confidence is key!