About Red Shoes PR and our culture
Red Shoes PR is a strategic communication agency that offers traditional public relations, social media, marketing, design and digital services. We are a fast-paced company that meets a variety of clients’ needs on a daily basis.
Our values are: accountability, communication, competence, creativity, dependability and respect, and the account manager must live them out every day with clients and colleagues alike.
Red Shoes PR is currently seeking a full-time account manager position. As the primary client contact, the account manager is responsible for managing aspects of program development and implementation, including: media relations, design projects, written materials, advertising, budgets and account administration functions. .
The account manager is critical to maintaining strong, profitable client and prospect relationships, as well as implementing more complex initiatives directly. The account manager will manage an established portfolio of clients as well as direct team members’ work; the account manager will report to the agency director.
Qualified candidates will have at least six years of experience in the communication field and a proven track record of strategic communication plans including, but not limited to: social media, event planning, media relations, crisis communication, advertising and internal communication.
Those interested in joining the Red Shoes PR team should email Maria Nelson at [email protected]
Critical success factors
- The account manager must have proven success at managing client accounts and have a strong foundation of communication solutions.
- Demonstrate consistent track record of critical thinking skills.
- Be detail-oriented and able to keep deadlines and anticipate needs.
- As a strategic communication firm, the account manager’s writing must be impeccable in every instance, from emails to news releases to plans, writing must be error-free.
- This position requires juggling multiple projects and deadlines. The account manager must be able to stay calm and work with team members effectively when faced with competing deadlines.
- Red Shoes PR is a well-known brand in the community and employees must be properly representing the agency at all public-facing opportunities, from social media usage to attendance at community events.
- Company culture is extremely important and all employees must recognize their own contributions to agency culture. The account manager accepts responsibility for his/her actions and their subsequent impact on culture, and strives to “be your best you” each and every day.
- The account manager is a leadership position at Red Shoes PR and as such, the account manager must be able to manage team members in a positive and constructive manner that leads to positive results, happy colleagues and thrilled clients.
Specific job duties are as follows, but not limited to:
- Media relations
- Develop creative story angles and appropriate materials which strategically align with clients’ key messages and initiatives
- Ensure junior staff delivers appropriate media relations results
- Foster the development of junior staff with respect to honing media relations skills
- Plan media outreach that obtains key media results and coverage
- Secure and maintain relationships with key media (reporters, editors, bloggers, producers, assignment managers, etc.)
- Deliver clear, concise, well-organized pitch letters, news releases, etc.
- Thoroughly develop and implement a media training program (responsible for being the primary media trainer for a client)
- Participate in the research and development of client programs
- Effectively convey client’s voice in ghost writing tasks (speeches, presentations, talking points, internal communications, etc.)
- Implement and lead events or projects/campaigns such as press conferences, social media campaigns, media briefings, analyst meetings, media tours, third-party advocacy, etc.
- Effectively delegate tasks to colleagues
- Crisis communication
- Provide support as specified during client crises
- Provide on-call support as needed
- Social media
- Understand social media communication channels
- Apply social media solutions to clients’ communications needs
- Understand social media measurement and how that translates to the bottom line
- Strategically integrate social media into a client’s overall marketing plan
- Have knowledge of advertising opportunities related to social media efforts
- Have sound working knowledge of all advertising opportunities available to clients
- Determine client needs and work with them to create successful plans
- Monitor results and regularly report findings to clients
- Maintain positive relationships with advertising representatives
- Client interaction and counseling
- Maintain visibility with key decision makers
- Know the client’s business/industry well enough to anticipate problems or issues that could develop; bring to resolution
- Regularly present findings, social media, overviews and plans to clients
- Develop, direct and present strategy to clients
- Lead client meetings
- Maintain regular communications with client contact(s)
- Generate and submit ideas that solve clients’ problems
- Market agency results to clients
- Attain confidence in clients’ business, best practices and personal PR knowledge to guide clients to best solutions, even if encountering pushback from client
- Develop, direct and present strategy to clients
- Develop, track and maintain budgets
- Develop account budgets and establish profitability goals for client
- Track, maintain and measure results
- Monitor account activities to keep them in line with expectations established by you and the client
- Agency life
- Actively “manage up” to supervisors and proactively drive deadlines
- Manage support team members and train new colleagues
- Have sound working knowledge of graphics, production and printing, video and broadcast resources
- Contribute to Red Shoes PR process, including project management and other tools
- Complete timesheets and expense reports in a timely manner
- Act in accordance with company handbook and other policies and procedures
- Is punctual and reliable in attendance
- Proactively seek opportunities within the existing portfolio to encourage account growth
- Identify new business prospects and pursue them in coordination with senior staff; draft proposals and new business presentations
- Have flexibility to attend client or networking events before or after work
- Attend community events and network
- Successful team members possess a love of learning, an ability to think and adapt quickly, a commitment to teamwork and a dedication to meeting deadlines.